Monday, January 25, 2010

New Direction

I started writing this as a way to organize my thoughts better on what I'm reading, but I haven't really done that very well; I've done absolutely no research, read no secondary sources, and have let my entries become rambling and at best semi-coherent. So I'm going to re-group here and start anew.

This Christmas, I started reading the first volume of Marcel Proust's In Search of Lost Time, an intimidating mass of work that has long been on my "to-read" list. I haven't taken it all that seriously, though, and let my attention wander, stopped reading it in the middle, read it while my parents were watching TV and on Skype with my sister. In short, I've been really unfocused. I'm quite determined, though, to read this work and to give it the thought and attention that I should put into everything that I read, so for the time being, I think the theme of this blog will be on Proust's literary project and my process of reading through it.

Most of my previous entries haven't been all that useful, so I've deleted a lot of them and I'm going to re-name the blog. I'm ready to start this thing fresh. I like the idea of blogging, but the entries so far have mostly been testing the waters and trying to put together themes, without much direction or even keen interest on my part. Well, after a brief hiatus, I'm going to return and have better things to say, more trenchant observations, and I invite anyone else interested in eitehr Proust or what I have to say about him to join me!

2 comments:

  1. I like it and I love the new name!

    We should probably do a joint blog. Ha ha! We need to find a theme though . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! A joint blog by us could result in all sorts of awesome and crazy post titles.

    ReplyDelete